- Advanced driver-assist features, technology to personalize the driving experience and performance improvement applications mark some of the innovations for all-new Mustang
- Ford to showcase all-new Mustang and announce its new technology features to open the 2014 International CES® Tuesday, Jan. 7
The most advanced version of Ford’s iconic car will take center stage at the 2014 International CES® as the all-new Mustang is recognized as the “Official Car” of the world’s largest hands-on showcase of emerging innovation. 2014 International CES will be held Jan. 7-10, 2014, in Las Vegas; the show is owned and produced by the Consumer Electronics Association®.
“The Mustang has always been more than just a car, as it reminds us of the freedom and joy that comes from traveling the open road,” said Jim Farley, executive vice president, Ford global marketing, sales and service and Lincoln. “With world-class performance and innovative technologies wrapped in a sleek design, the all-new Ford Mustang puts you in control of the driving experience that suits you best.”
As Official Car of the 2014 CES, a Mustang fastback will be prominently displayed in the Grand Lobby of the Las Vegas Convention Center. In addition, Ford will feature the Mustang convertible in its main display area in the North Hall. Ford will host a press conference to debut the new Mustang to the CES audience and to announce new technology features at the show’s opening on Tuesday, Jan. 7.
“It is very exciting to see an iconic American car like Mustang equipped with state-of-the-art technology,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CEA. “Automobiles are rapidly becoming mobile technology platforms as consumers demand connectivity along with efficiency and performance in their vehicles.
“With features like upgraded SYNC, Ford automobiles are built with cutting-edge technology that can make driving safer and more enjoyable. We are overjoyed to see Ford return to our show and to have the new Mustang as Official Car of the 2014 CES.”
Delivering a great driving experience is all about keeping the driver in control. In addition to the fundamentals of proper seating, control today also means making technology available to enhance the drive – whether it’s a daily commute, extended road trip or weekend track day.
Rather than having to settle for a one-size-fits-all technology solution, Mustang drivers will have the ability to tune their individual car to their driving style and road conditions. With available Selectable Drive Modes, the driver can quickly adjust steering effort, throttle response, shift control and stability control settings by toggling between normal, snow-wet, sport and track modes.
In addition to the four preset modes, drivers can fine-tune the steering effort separately with standard, comfort and sport settings. The new Ford stability control system can also be set to a less intrusive sport mode or turned off entirely for track use.
Standard and available technology features of the 2015 Ford Mustang include:
- Ford SYNC® connectivity system, with Bluetooth®, two USB ports, enhanced voice recognition for hands-free control and access to SYNC Services, 911 Assist®and more
- MyFord Touch®: Adds an eight-inch high-resolution touch screen display, more natural voice recognition with improved accuracy, and simplified controls for the available SD card-based navigation
- AppLink™: Gives drivers the ability to control more than 60 smartphone apps for information and entertainment using simple voice commands
- Intelligent Access with push-button start: Doors and trunk can be unlocked without reaching for a key, and the engine is started with a push-button on the center stack. Up to three key fobs can be programmed to memory positions for mirrors and available power seats
- Track Apps: Drivers can get instant access to acceleration, braking and handling performance data through the instrument cluster screen
- Launch control: Manages engine speed and brakes, giving drivers maximum and consistent acceleration at the track
- Adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support: Automatically adjusts vehicle speed to maintain a safe following distance. When a collision may be imminent, it precharges the brakes and increases the sensitivity of brake assist
- Blind Spot Information System with cross-traffic alert: Provides the driver with alerts when changing lanes or exiting a parking space, and has been upgraded with doppler effect radar sensors to provide both improved sensitivity at longer distances and better resistance to false alerts
- Individual tire pressure monitoring: Instrument cluster display now shows the tire pressure for each wheel – a first for Ford
- MyKey®: Enables parents to limit top speed and audio volume, prevent disabling of driver-assist technologies, and enforce more insistent alerts for safety belt use and low fuel for younger drivers in the family
- Rear view camera: Now standard
The all-new 2015 Ford Mustang goes on sale in North America during the fall of 2014.